Creating Magazine Cover in Photoshop
Would you like to design a magazine cover in Photoshop, but not sure how to get started? Once you know the principles of design and measurement, you will be able to apply them to your magazine cover. The cover of the magazine will appeal to the reader by and/or reading the entire magazine. The first thing you want to decide is what kind of magazine you will be designing. Will you be directing a crowd of young people, women, sports fans, or car owners? All of these factors affect the finished design you will come up with.
1. Start by opening Adobe Photoshop. Go to Photo> Image Size and change the setting to 300. Go to Picture> Mode and change Mode to CMYK to print.
2. Now create your own magazine cover. Go to Picture> Canvas Size 8.5 x 11. You can cut the original magazine into 7 x 10.
3. Find a picture of a graphic design online you would like to advertise in the center of the front page. You can use one of your photos or find it in the photo gallery.
4. Try to have a number of magazine covers with different styles and moods that fit the theme you are going to. It is important to start by imitating an existing magazine cover style, rather than trying to come up with your own design from scratch. This process allows you to learn a magazine design formula. Once you are comfortable, you can start experimenting and come up with your own unique styles.
5. Let's start with a solid background, usually a light color like yellow or white works best. This solid background allows you to see the number of colors by vibrating, without distortion.
6. Now we want to use a font that fits well with the center image. Start by designing a main article or magazine article, with a font tool. Place the font tool in the upper middle of your image and start typing. Change the font colors to match the center image. Remember to keep it easy to get started. Once you have found the article, start working on the sub-articles or articles of the caption magazine. These captions are usually located to the right of the center image.
7. You can now complete the magazine by adding any additional effects that make your photo stand out. You may want to add a floral backdrop to a wedding magazine or colorful balloons for a child-like design.
When designing your magazine cover, always keep in mind the remaining part of the magazine's design, as well as the intended audience. This will allow your cover to be successfully judged by the right audience.